Heatproof makeup tips
Keep your game face in place as the mercury rises with advice from a pro
The warm weather is back and it may not only be your ice-cream that ends up melting, especially if you’re heading abroad on your hols.
Mel Jenkinson, founder of Brighton-based Glow Organics, has been a makeup artist in the film, fashion and bridal industries, so she knows a thing or too about how to stop the slide in the sun. She’s also passionate about natural and cruelty-free products.
We asked for her top tips to help you keep your game face in place as the mercury rises.
1. Apply a lightweight, translucent powder to the T-zone prior to applying foundation and also after to absorb moisture. I find the NUI Cosmetics Natural Setting Powder great for this.
2. Use products with strong pigment and apply in thin layers to help the product last through sweating. The Hynt Beauty Duet Perfecting Concealer is a long wearing concealer with full coverage.
3. Use a mattifying primer such as ZAO Makeup Sublim’ Soft Primer to help absorb shine. Apply to the T-zone only to keep the cheeks looking glowy.
4. Set creamy eyeliners with an eyeshadow colour in the same shade to help stop them smudging.
5. Use a liquid eyeliner that ‘sets’ such as the ZAO Makeup Eyeliner Felt Tip Pen.
6. Use a waterproof mascara to allow for both sweat and swimming. I like Ere Perez Avocado Waterproof Mascara, which contains avocado oil.
7. Choose powders over cream formulas as they will last longer in the heat.