Muddy Stilettos Awards FAQs
MUDDY AWARDS FAQS
Here’s everything you need to know about the awards, and if you’re a finalist how to make the most of it. If you simply want to vote, here’s the easiest link sussex.muddystilettos.co.uk/vote
What is Muddy Stilettos?
Muddy Stilettos – ‘the urban guide to the countryside’ – is the UK’s biggest and most influential regional lifestyle website series, with hundreds of thousands of AB women around 30-55 years (and some men!) outside London reading our advice on where to go and what to do with their precious free time. With 19 county editions we have a powerful, targeted, regional demographic. Each county runs their own annual awards separately to find the best-loved businesses in their own area but all the awards run over the same dates, creating plenty of buzz across borders and an accolade our readers will recognise when they visit from other parts of Southern England.
Are the Awards free to enter?
Yes, totally free as a bean! Muddy Stilettos does not charge at any stage of the Awards. We believe in promoting the very best local businesses and creating a feel-good vibe amongst those involved in our Awards.
What are the categories?
There are 24 lifestyle categories: Best… * Art Gallery * Bar * Beauty Salon * Bookshop * Boutique Stay * Cafe * Children’s Business * Day Spa * Farm Shop/Deli * Destination Pub * Family Attraction * Fitness Instructor * Local Food/Drink Producer * Florist * Gift Shop * Hair Salon * Interiors Store * Jewellery Store * Photographer * Restaurant * Theatre/Arts Venue * Wine Merchant * Women’s Store * Yoga/Pilates Studio.
How do the Awards work?
From Mon 23 April – Sun 6 May public nominations are open online in 24 categories in Sussex. The Top 5 Finalists per category with the most public nominations will be notified on Sat 11 May, and public voting in the finals will run Mon 14 May – Fri 18 May. Finalist voting starts back at zero so it is a level playing field between candidates who may have been nominated at different times.
Can we nominate/vote for ourselves?
No problem. Thousands of Muddy Stilettos readers will be nominating their favourites on the site in the first stage of the awards but you can also nominate yourselves, and so can your customers and fans. It is strictly one person per category though. Our system checks this with a confirmation email (check in your junk folder if you don’t see it arrive) and anyone found cheating will be disqualified.
Do you have any design assets nominees can use for publicity?
Yes, if you have been nominated…
• You can pull the jpg logo from the top of this post for social media, email and your website to use with the vote link sussex.muddystilettos.co.uk/awards/categories/ (we can supply a transparent logo if you need one – just ask)
• You can email email@example.com to request a ‘we’ve been nominated’ pdf which you can print and display to let your customers know how and where to vote for you (this one won’t work online unless you convert it to a jpg). If you’re techy enough you can also request a website logo and some code to bring up a click through vote message on your website.
If you make the finals you’ll be sent updated logos and links.
What do winners get?
• A beautifully designed gold window rosette and certificate
• A digital rosette to use online.
• Awards-associated publicity on the Muddy Stilettos website
• The chance to network with other winners at Awards drinks
Finalists receive awards-associated publicity on the Muddy Stilettos website, as well as a digital rosette for their websites and social media.
Is there a celebration?
.Of course! Though we like to keep it fun, so there’s no formal ceremony, it’s about relaxed networking with other winners over drinks and nibbles. All finalists will be notified of the when, where so they can hold the date and get ready to celebrate.
For more info on the Muddy Stilettos Awards in Sussex please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.