Oh hi there! Sending you a sunny welcome to the Sussex edition of Muddy Stilettos. I’m Rebecca, editor for the county and come complete with a passion for watching sunsets on the beach, country walks via a vineyard (obviously) that end with a pub lunch (obviously, again). And it’s a pleasure to share my local discoveries with you.
I’m no fan of clichés, but I became one when I left London for Sussex three years ago craving an outdoorsy lifestyle with a spritz of glamour. With 20 years experience at national titles including Cosmopolitan and Marie Claire, I’m here to hunt out Sussex’s secret hideaways, the newest foodie finds and boutique bars, plus fun things for all the family (including furry members) and much much more.
Muddy Sussex is, of course, part of Muddy Stilettos – which first tottered into the world in Summer 2013 as a bit of fun for the founder, Hero Brown over in Bucks & Oxon. The idea was a simple one: to write a witty but indispensable local guide to the very best restaurants, walks, boutiques, day trips, hotels, interiors and events (whilst also perking up her social life). Along with Muddy Stilettos Sussex there are now 28 Muddy counties, all with a focus on the quirky, unique, cool and interesting; so no advertorial, no PR guff and a genuine, upbeat honesty.
This is the Muddy Mantra, so you know what to expect from Muddy Sussex:
- I try everything out myself so that you can fully trust my opinions. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere myself, I let you know that’s the case.
- I don’t write advertorial. This means I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc. with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos, as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all the time. Hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars – if you want me to try you out, please get in touch at email@example.com
- I’ll never write a nasty review. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies. But if you’re not good enough, I won’t write about you on Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether I have paid for the experience or not. This gives me the editorial control I need and the trust that my readers demand.
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial site and accepts advertising and payment to feature products and brands. However, we believe passionately in only working with brands that share our ethos and are relevant to our readers. We retain editorial control and independence at all times.
I hope you love the site. Please tell your friends about it, and sign up for my fab-u-lous newsletter delivered to your inbox. I’d also love to hear your suggestions of places you love in your local area so please do get in touch. Great to have you on board!