Hi, I’m Debbie, Muddy’s Sussex editor. I’ve been a journalist for 20 years, several as features editor of a national travel magazine. Frequent visits to friends and family in Sussex (not to mention marrying a former Brightonian) led to me making the move down from London a few years ago.
With over 60 countries under my belt and years writing about openings and events for various London magazines, I love nothing better than hunting down the best, newest and quirkiest things to see and do wherever I am – be that a vodou ceremony in Haiti or a cool cocktail bar on my doorstep.
This is the Muddy Mantra, so you know what to expect from the blog:
- For reviews I try everything out myself so that you can fully trust my opinions. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere myself, I let you know that’s the case.
- I don’t write advertorial. This means I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos, as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all the time. Hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars – if you want me to try you out, please get in touch at email@example.com
- I’ll never write a nasty review. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies. But if you’re not good enough, I won’t write about you on Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether I have paid for the experience or not. This gives me the editorial control I need and the trust that my readers demand.
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial blog and as such accepts advertising and utilises affiliate links. However, we believe passionately in only working with brands that share our ethos and are relevant to our readers. We retain editorial control and independence at all times.
I hope you love the blog. Please tell your friends about it, and sign up for my splendiferous free posts delivered to your inbox! I’d also love to hear your suggestions of places you rate in your local area.