How do I nominate a business?
The Muddy Awards operate in two stages:
Stage 1: Nominations (Weds 24 – Weds 8 May). Nominations open in 24 lifestyle categories. You may put forward one business per category per email address.
The 5 businesses with the most nominations from each category will reach the Finals.
Stage 2: Finals (Weds 15 to Weds 22 May). A maximum of 5 finalists per category will be announced on Mon 13 May, and public voting lasts for one week only, from Weds 15 May to Weds 22 May.
Can I nominate my own business?
Yes, you can nominate your own business or any other business that is based within the county.
Do online businesses count?
Yes, so long as they are Sussex-based.
I’ve been nominated, how can I help myself reach the finals?
The top five businesses with most nominations in each category go through to the finals. We have various assets with logos and messages you can use on social media, newsletters, as posters etc to help you encourage more people to support you. See our Assets page to download them, and ask for people to vote for you using the link https://sussex.muddystilettos.co.uk/vote/
Are nominations carried over from the first round to the finals?
No, the Finals require you to choose between 5 specific named businesses and therefore voting starts again from scratch.
When will the winners be announced?
Winners will be announced on Thursday 23 May. No correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be privately invited to regional Awards networking drinks.
What is the cost?
The Muddy Stilettos Awards remain FREE from start to finish.
What do I win?
We do more than any other UK publication to support, promote and celebrate the best independent businesses and the high streets we love, and this year we are going even further.
The Muddy Stilettos Awards 2019 are proud to deliver…
- A Muddy Stilettos Awards certificate and gold window rosette for all winners
- A Muddy Stilettos Awards website rosette for all winners
- Awards-related publicity on Muddy Stilettos for all winners
- Networking opportunity with other local winners at the Awards drinks in a relaxed environment in Sussex.
- A £1000 cash prize for one Muddy Stilettos Award winner from a prize draw across the Muddy counties.
- A £900 bespoke Richard James Savile Row suit for one winner from a prize draw across the Muddy counties.
- A £500 working wardrobe from Winser London for one winner from a prize draw across the Muddy counties.